Sunday 17 October 2010

Bluetail - 17.10.10

After waking up later than I wanted at 9.50am we left our hotel and popped in for a cuppa at my dads and to wish him a happy birthday. We then went to Lowestoft for my first visit to Sparrows Nest Park. Prior to coming up a Red-Flanked Bluetail had spent a few days at Waxham but had gone on the Thursday. Thankfully on checking my pager just after waking up another had been found a few miles down the road! On arrival another birder said it had been seen 10 minutes ago and not long after I re-found it. A brief view and then nothing for 10 minutes until I re-found it again but for even less time. It eventually showed well for 20 seconds but that was enough for my 3rd in the UK and we headed off back to Great Yarmouth and a quick visit to the cemetary in the hope of finding a Yellow-Browed Warbler and Firecrest but some Chiffchaffs and Goldcrests were all that were seen! A Lesser Redpoll flew over aswell.

No comments:

Post a Comment